- Klub Primi, Copenhagen (DK) | Sep 25th 2022
- Improverk, Oslo (NO) | Sep 29th 2022
- Labor Sonor, Berlin (DE) | Nov 28th 2022
- Huis De Pinto, Amsterdam (NL) | Dec 12th 2022
- POM, Eindhoven (NL) | Jan 8th 2023
- Klankhaven, Antwerp (BE) | Jan 9th 2023
- FIM, Basel (CH) | Feb 21st 2023
- WIM, Bern (CH) | Feb 24th 2023
- Nariz Entupido, Lisbon (PT) | March 9th 2023
- Sonoscopia, Porto (PT) | March 11th 2023
- Frequenzgänge, Hamburg (DE) | March 31st 2023
Mostly only using a single snare drum, he explores and pushes the limits of the natural acoustics of the instrument using conventional playing techniques as well as extended techniques, especially engaging with materials through horizontal movements and friction to explore their properties.
Being interested in phenomena like temporality, impermanence and minimalism, he creates sonic spaces that convey sincerity, balance, austerity and naturalness, authentically combining imagination, intuition and sensitivity. Etienne uses a minimal approach to the instrument with the maximum outcome of complexity in sound. These complex, detailed, and mostly subtle sonorities require a great deal of concentration for the performer as well as the listener, making the act of listening just as important as the production of the sounds.
He has been gathering international acclaim for his unique snare drum language.